1. The Presidency has condemned Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s ultimatum for herdsmen to vacate Ondo forest reserves.
Garba Shehu, Buhari’s media aide said the presidency has been keenly monitoring events occurring in Ondo.
2. The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Akwa Ibom State chapter, Mr. Udo Ekpenyong is reportedly dead.
A family source disclosed that he died early hours of Tuesday in Uyo due to COVID-19 complications.
3. Nigeria, on Tuesday, recorded 1,301 new COVID-19 cases in the country.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed the figure in a tweet via its Twitter handle Tuesday night, adding that Nigeria has now recorded 113,305 COVID-19 cases and 1,464 deaths officially.
4. Senior pastor of Awaiting The Second Coming Of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa has called for the arrest of the senior special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
According to Giwa, Shehu’s utterances are motivating Fulani herdsmen to kill, kidnap and terrorize the citizens of Nigeria.
5. The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Kwara Chapter, has lost a member, Dr Martin Ighodalo of the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Ilorin, to coronavirus.
Prof. Issa Baba, NMA Chairman, Kwara Chapter, made this known e in a statement on Tuesday in Ilorin.
6. The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, ordered doctors to consider malaria-like symptoms as COVID-19 infection unless proven.
Sanwo-Olu urged residents with such symptoms to visit any public health facility or laboratory get tested for free
7. About five persons have been reportedly killed, while seven others were injured in a renewed land clash between Uko Ntenghe and Uko Akpan communities in Mbo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
Report says the lingering dispute rekindled on Monday when militant youths from Uko Ntenghe allegedly invaded the farmland in Uko Akpan and raped a woman who they also took hostage, while another detachment was said to have sneaked into the village headquarters and allegedly killed five persons.
8. The Ogun State-owned security outfit, the So-Safe Corps, Agbara Area Command has arrested a commercial motorcyclist, one Saheed Bakare of Ajegunle, Atan-Ota, for allegedly stealing a motorcycle, otherwise known as okada.
Bakare was reported to have absconded on December 20, 2020 with a motorbike given to him to earn his livelihood by someone, whose identity was not disclosed.
9. The Federal Government on Tuesday said about 24.3 million poor Nigerians would get N5,000 each for a period of six months.
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, disclosed this at the inauguration of the Federal Government’s emergency intervention database for the urban poor.
10. The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria,(MACBAN) has raised alarm over the gruesome killings of their members by members of Vigilante in Mashegu local government area of Niger State.
Deputy National President of the Miyetti Allah Association, Alhaji Usaini Yusuf Bosso stated who raised the alarm while speaking with journalists in Minna, Niger State yesterday, said in the past few months, twenty of his members were not only killed but were also burnt beyond recognition within the local government alone.