1. There was a mild drama at the Ondo State House of Assembly on Thursday following the refusal of the leadership of the Assembly to allow four lawmakers to resume legislative duties despite court rulings.
The four lawmakers on Thursday were prevented by security operatives at the gate of the Assembly from gaining entrance into the complex of the Assembly.
2. The chairman of South East Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi and all his state executive members, the Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Mr. Francis Nwifuru and some other lawmakers on Thursday officially joined the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Umahi, who was presented with the APC flag and formally declared for the party, said he was defecting to the All Progressives Congress, APC, with over three million citizens of the State.
3. Egwu Chidiebere, Special Assistant on Internal Security and Public Utilities (Urban) to Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, has resigned.
He tendered his letter to the state government on Thursday, less than a week after the Commissioner for Inter-Governmental Affairs, Lazarus Ogbee, stepped down.
4. The Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, has claimed that nine more opposition Governors would cross over to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
According to him, he had predicted 10 governors will join the ruling party and Ebonyi State Governor was the first of them.
5. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said Atiku Abubakar’s choice of Peter Obi as his running mate in the 2019 election got his Ebonyi counterpart, Dave Umahi upset with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Wike said with Umahi’s defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC), he should be mindful of the political future of the South-East.
6. Senate President Ahmad Lawan has refuted claims that he got N2billion to confirm the second term of former Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) chairman, Mahmood Yakubu.
He challenged “the sponsors of the false publication to provide whatever evidence that they can in support of their glib claims.”
7. End SARS protester, Eromosele Adene, has been released from police custody.
He was released two days after he was granted bail of N1 million by a Magistrate court in Yaba, following his arrest on November 7, for allegedly inciting civil unrest in the country during the ENDSARS protest.
8. Students of the Osun State College of Education (OSSCE), Ila Orangun, on Thursday morning, stormed the entrance of the school, protesting the suspension of lecturing activities in the institution.
The students at the school gate were seen chanting solidarity songs, armed with different placards, “End bad management”, Isaac Oyewole Enough is enough, OSSCE ila is going backward under your administration”.
9. Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker of the House of Representatives, has confirmed that one of the security operatives attached to him shot a citizen dead.
In a personal statement issued Friday morning, the lawmaker narrated that in the evening as he left the National Assembly, he stopped to greet newspaper vendors.
10. On the international scene, popular American singer, Bobby Brown has lost his son, Bobby Jr.
Reports had it that the 28-year-old was found dead on Wednesday in his home in the L.A. area.