News

Coronavirus: Lafarge speaks on ‘shutting down’ factory, says 11 more contacts quarantined

ONDO, Nigeria – Lafarge Africa PLC, maker of Lafarge Cement, has debunked rumour that it has shut down its factory in Ewekoro because of the outbreak of Coronavirus.

Advertisements

The company’s spokesperson, Segun Soyoye, who spoke with newsmen on Saturday, said the production lines were not shut because the guest house where the Italian, (who tested positive to the disease) was lodged is 5km away from the manufacturing plants in Ewekoro.

This is contrary to a statement credited to the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun, who said on Friday that the company where the Italian index visited had been shutdown

Soyoye informed that 11 other persons that had contacts with the Italian have been quarantined in Ogun state alongside the 28 contacts earlier reported, making a total of 39.

OgeneAfrican learnt that the guest house, clinic, and the vehicles used in conveying the contacts to the isolation centre had been disinfected.

He said, “we don’t take chances that is why they are put there. Today is Day 3; they will be there for 14 days. We will continue to observe them. We have their database, showing their biodata and other information.

“The contacts are now 39 and we have quarantined them, the house and clinic as well as the vehicles.

“The doctor is here and what he is doing is to check them on a regular basis. So far, everybody is stable, they are not symptomatic, we are providing everything for them over there.

“The clinic that was used for the infected person is closed, disinfected and we have moved everybody out, all the guys at duty that day, they were also quarantined, so they will be there for 14 days as well.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: