NIGERIA – Burna Boy has confirmed rumors of his scheduled performance in South Africa months after weighing in on the recent xenophobic attacks in the country.
In a recent tweet, Burna Boy noted that the show, which is tagged Africans Unite, will be the first of many and also hinted that he will be donating part of the proceeds from the show to victims of xenophobic attacks in the country.
“Part of the proceeds will be donated to the victims of Xenophobic attacks by me!” Burna Boy’s statement said in parts.
Recall that SA rapper, AKA promised to wait for Burna Boy at the event and it’ll be interesting to see how the re-union of the one time friends will turn out.
THIS WAS WAS SAID BETWEEN AKA AND BURNA BOY BELOW…………..
Burna Boy has a show in SA and AKA has just dared him to ‘put his hands on me in my own country’
Organisers of the 2019 Africans Unite concert scheduled to take place in Cape Town at The Lawns on the 23rd of November and Tshwane’s Sun Arena on November 24 have just announced Burna Boy in their line up..
Despite Burna Boy’s tweet two months ago where he stated he would never set foot in South Africa, it looks like he will headline the Africans Unite concert and SA rapper, AKA has just dared him to put hands on him in his own country.
Recall last month following reports of alleged xenophobic attacks in South Africa, Burna Boy took to social media to express his anger and in one of his Tweets he threatened to deal with AKA whenever they meet.
Now, AKA is taunting him on social media and even went on to say, ‘he must just apologize so we can forgive him’.
See his tweets below…