Metro

Escalator swallows man and breaks his leg

A man broke his leg after he got sucked in by a shopping mall escalator

MALAYSIA – A man broke his leg after he got sucked in by a shopping mall escalator.

Advertisements

The unidentified man from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia was visiting a shopping centre in the city when his foot was swallowed by the escalator.

As the man was coming down the escalator his slipper reportedly got sucked into the escalator. His leg was then sucked in by the moving staircase.

(PHOTO: CEN/MAGAZINEFEATURES.CO.ZA)

A spokesperson from the local fire department says emergency services arrived within five minutes of getting the emergency call.

According to the spokesperson, their main priority at the time was to secure the escalator and stop it from moving further in order to dismantle it and free the man’s leg.

He suffered a broken leg, but medics stated that his injuries could’ve been much worse.

 (PHOTO: CEN/MAGAZINEFEATURES.CO.ZA)

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: