GERMANY – A six year old boy died in his mum’s arms after being electrocuted by a plug socket at nursery in Frankfurt.
Elisa C. watched in horror as her son Antonio was thrown across the room following the shock.
The mum tried desperately to resuscitate her little boy, but he died at the scene as she held him.
Elisa, an Italian living in Germany, said: “When I went to pick Antonio up, I was in the changing rooms and Antonio was running around, and suddenly he must have got hold of a cable that was coming out of a socket. The socket was hanging out of the wall.
“It was a shock, the nursery school boss and I tried to resuscitate him, we gave him mouth to mouth and performed chest compressions. But it was too late, Antonio died in my arms.”
Elisa claims work being carried out on the building had not been completed.
She said: “Building works had been carried out and the nursery school had been closed. It then opened again, although it clearly was not finished.
“Walls had been painted and new flooring laid, and the nursery school had to be closed.”
But Jan Pasternak, from the Integration and Education Department in the City of Frankfurt, said: “We are not aware of any building works being carried out at the nursery school and certainly not aware of cables coming out of the walls.
“This would not be possible when the nursery school is open as normal for business.”
The Public Prosecutor in Frankfurt is investigating charges of involuntary manslaughter against unknown persons.