Metro

Toddler (2) dies after shack catches fire

Advertisements

CAPE TOWN, South Africa – A two-year-old girl has died in a fire in Gelvandale, in the Eastern Cape.

Her older brother was rescued by neighbours after the blaze erupted on Saturday night.

Their parents were at a nearby shop at the time.

It’s understood the parents left the two young children alone at home when they went to a shop.

While away, they noticed their shack was alight and ran back home.

Neighbours were able to pull their son from the burning structure, but they could not save two-year-old Shannon Brown who died in the blaze.

The boy sustained burns to his feet.

Police speculate a candle may have fallen and started the fire.

No formal charges have been laid against the parents at this stage.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: