CAPE TOWN, South Africa – Spokesperson Mihlali Majikela said police received a tip-off about a Volvo truck with five men in it and called the Touws River police to help.
The truck was pulled over near a filling station in Touws River and given the once over.
Police found one diamond under a footwell mat, and another 10 in the diesel tank.
“The diamonds were discovered to be real after a test was conducted. However, their monetary value is yet to be determined,” said Majikela.
The five, whose ages range from 31 to 48, are expected to appear in the Touws River Magistrate’s Court on Monday.
- NYSC extends registration date for Batch B stream II Corps members
- Alfred Ogbodo: Intrigues, mudslinging mark civil defence, as appointment of helmsman delays
- Emmanuel Onwubiko: Presidency of a tribe above public good
- I will not dabble into politics – Cross River State new Police Commissioner
- COVID-19: UNIBEN sends message to students, reveals when academic activities will resume