OGUN, Nigeria – Three internet fraudsters, popularly known as ‘Yahoo boys’, have been sentenced to jail by a Federal High Court sitting in Abeokuta, for defrauding unsuspecting members of the public.
OgeneAfrican gathered that the convicted persons were arrested and arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Justice Ibrahim Watilat of the Federal High Court, Abeokuta Division, convicted the duo of Opeyemi Ademosun and Gbolahan Olamide Dalamu of criminal impersonation and sentenced them to one year imprisonment each.
In the same vein, Justice Mohammed Abubarkar of the same court, also sentenced another fraudster, Sokola Idris, to spend four months in prison.
The EFCC said they were found guilty of the respective one-count offences filed against them by its Ibadan zonal office.
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 major things you need to know this Wednesday morning
- NLC gives update on nationwide protest over fuel pump price, electricity tariff hike
- Reps to commence monthly dialogue with CSOs on assessing MDAs performances
- BBNaija 5: Laycon wins Head of House for the first time
- Police arrest man for luring ex-girlfriend he impregnated, selling her twins for N150,000