MOSCOW – Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor on Thursday announced he would return to fighting in January, despite announcing his retirement in March.
“I would like to announce to the public the return of the Notorious Conor McGregor will take place on January 18th in the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada,” he said at an event in Moscow to promote his whiskey brand.
“I am in prime physical condition, I’ve agreed the date with the company,” he said, without specifying the name of his opponent.
The 31-year-old Irishman, an icon of the UFC, is no stranger to controversy and hit the headlines this summer for an attack on an older man in a Dublin bar that was captured in a viral video.
McGregor has not fought since being battered into submission by arch-rival Khabib Nurmagomedov, from the Russian republic of Dagestan, in October last year.
- Nigeria records 126 new cases of COVID-19
- BREAKING: Former Kano Chief Justice, Shehu Atiku is dead
- BBNaija 5: Shehu Sani reacts as Laycon wins, says viewers can now join NLC protests
- BBNaija 5: Nigerians react as Laycon wins with 60% votes
- BBNaija 5: Don Jazzy, Regina Daniels, other Nigerian celebrities react as Laycon emerges winner 2020 edition