JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – Johannesburg Metro Police are investigating an incident of a physical fight between one of their own and a member of the public.
A 30-second-long video of the incident is currently doing rounds on social media.
The video shows a male officer wrestling with a man while standing in front of a minibus taxi on the side of the road.
It ends after the officer is overpowered and brought to ground as the fight continues.
While some civilians were filming videos on their mobile phones, some called on the two to stop fighting.
It’s not yet clear when and where this happened.
Johannesburg Metro Police Spokesperson Wayne Minnaar says the incident will be looked into.
“There’s a video currently on social media showing a fight between a JMPD officer and a member of the public. There’s no evidence whatsoever; where it happened; why it happened or what time it happened. So, this incident will be investigated, and there’s no independent complainant. So, it’s very difficult to investigate.”
See video below:
- EPL: Lampard singles out two Chelsea players after 3-3 draw with West Brom
- West Brom vs Chelsea: Tammy Abraham reveals what Lampard told his players at half-time
- Signatious Hotel: Gbagi reacts to alleged stripping of four staff, says he’s ready to honour police invitation
- West Brom vs Chelsea: Lampard reacts to 3-3 draw
- Court bars Igbos from holding New Yam festival in Kano