JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – Fans and family of slain artist HHP have taken to social media to remember him a year after his passing.
Jabba – whose real name was Jabulani Tsambo – battled depression and was found dead in his Randpark Ridge home last year.
On this day last year, South Africans were dealt a major blow with the loss of the hip-hop legend.
Today, thousands of fans have used the hashtag #RIPHHP to upload songs, pictures and videos in remembrance the Motswako originator.
His wife, Lerato Sengadi also joined in paying tributes to Jabba saying “You were there in the very beginning… You were there at the end… You are here at the beginning. You are always with my friend. I love you.”
On his birthday last month, the North West University in his home town of Mahikeng held his inaugural memorial lecture.
A tribute concert will also be held in Midrand this weekend.
- EPL: Michael Owen says sacking of Lampard as Chelsea manager is madness
- Thomas Tuchel to replace Lampard as Chelsea manager
- Nigerian govt threatens to shut down NYSC camps over COVID-19 protocols
- Rival cult groups clash in Ibadan, kill 60-year-old roasted plantain seller
- Senate President, Lawan reveals what stalled passage of PIB for 21 years