KWARA, Nigeria – Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ilorin zonal office, have arrested ten persons over alleged offences bordering on internet fraud and other fraud-related offences.
The suspects were arrested on Monday, October 21, 2019, at Basin area, Ilorin the Kwara state capital, following intelligence reports on their involvement in internet fraud and other fraud-related offences.
The suspects are, Paul Chibuzor, David Daniels,Tolu Ogundowole, Tosin Ogundowole,Agwu Goodness,Olayiwola Azeez,Olamide Ijisesan,Chilaka Dickson, Abdullahi Abubakar, and Temitope Bembo.
Two of the suspects are brothers.
Items recovered from the suspects include charms, phones, laptops, and fake currency among others.
A press statement by the zonal office in Ilorin Thursday reveals that the suspects will soon be charged to court.
- Why I left Bayern Munich for Liverpool – Thiago Alcantara writes fans
- Buhari minister, Pantami, others in ICT set for 2020 virtual internet governance forum
- Lokoja FMC health workers end strike
- EPL: Odion Ighalo told to look elsewhere immediately ahead of Man United clash with Crystal Palace
- Emir of Bauchi urges Senate to end cybercrime in Nigeria