FRANCE – Former Ivory Coast captain, Didier Drogba, is backing Liverpool’s Sadio Mane, to win the 2019 Ballon D’Or prize.
Mane has been included in the 30-man shortlist for the award, following an impressive year for club and country.
The Senegal international was part of the Reds squad that lifted the Champions League in Madrid and missed out on the Premier League title by a point.
Mane was a joint winner of the Golden Boot in the league and also helped the Teranga Lions to the final of the African Cup of Nations in Egypt earlier this year.
Speaking to Paris Match, Drogba said: “For the CAN, the Champions League, and the championship.
“What he does in the Premier League, very few players are able to do it.”
- BBNaija 5: How Nigerian celebrities reacted to Ozo’s eviction
- TRansfer: Atletico Madrid in talks with Arsenal over Torreira amid Partey interest
- Kwara: 6-yr-old hawker missing, seven others rescued as rainstorm wreaks havoc in Ilorin
- EPL: Jurgen Klopp speaks on Christensen’s red card after Liverpool’s 2-0 win over Chelsea
- BBNaija 5: How fans reacted to Trickytee, Ozo’s eviction