Frefa Investment Company Limited is a fast-growing company located in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
We are recruiting to fill the position listed below:
Job Position: Poultry Farm Manager
Job Location: Yenagoa
Reports to: CEO
Summary Job Description
- Providing leadership to all employees within the Poultry Department by establishing and communicating expectations, providing clear instructions and coordinating all activities and schedules.
- Monitoring animal health and welfare, including ventilation, feed management and liaison with Vets for vaccinations and other interventions.
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of chicks, eggs and feeds. Ensure excellent production performance.
- Collaborate with relevant work groups in planning and developing strategies for marketing and selling the farm’s products.
- Ensure accurate and adequate record keeping in line with global best practice.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment across the farm in line with the policies and of the Company. Ensure bio-diversity is rigorously maintained.
- Ensuring current government regulations concerning farm activities are complied with.
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
Experience & Behaviors:
- Demonstrate good planning skills, including prioritizing and time management.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined with strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self -motivated, reliable and able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be computer literate
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Animal Production and Health, Agriculture, etc. from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 12 years Poultry Management experience, at least 5 years of which must be at supervisory level in a reputable poultry farm
- Possession of relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the mail not later than Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.